Certified Forensic Consultant, CFC® Program
What do you know about the American legal system?
In the courtroom environment, experts in various fields are asked to provide testimony and evidence on differing professional topics. To be able to effectively testify in a courtroom setting requires knowledge, training, and expertise.
Why should you choose the CFC credential?
The Certified Forensic Consultant, CFC® program will help prepare the forensic professional with the necessary knowledge and information to successfully testify in court in a professional manner.
The topics covered in the CFC credential are:
- Fee establishment
- Trial themes and strategies
- Federal rules in civil proceedings
- Interrogation methods
- The deposition process
- Appropriate file sharing techniques and etiquette
How do I maintain the CFC credential?
Individuals are expected to maintain membership and complete 15 hours of forensic-related continuing education credits per year to maintain their CFC status. The initial CFC course provides 15 CE credits, fulfilling this requirement.
Future CEs may be earned through ACFEI's Executive Summits and/or completing tests for the continuing education articles located in The Forensic Examiner®, provided in our online course catalog.
Steps to becoming a Certified Forensic Consultant, CFC®
- Meet the eligibility requirements
These requirements must be met in order to apply for the CFC program.
- Be a member of the American College of Forensic Examiners Institute
- At least 18 years of age
- Have no felony convictions
- Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree or at least five years experience in a forensic-related field
- Complete the application
The application can be completed online by clicking Apply Now or you may submit it via mail, phone, fax, or email.
- Enroll in the program
Submit payment and register to receive program materials.
- Provide copies of résumé/curriculum vitae
A current résumé/curriculum vitae will be placed in your file.
- Provide copies of your degrees, licenses, certificates, and/or commissions, and two professional references
These documents will attest to your professional standing. Please include any necessary references as well.
- Review the materials once your eligibility has been confirmed.
Materials can be accessed from your online course catalog once you receive your log-in information.
- Successfully pass the CFC exam.
After finishing the exam, you will receive a certificate of completion from ACFEI.