Certified Instructor, CI℠ Program
Are you ready to teach the next group of experts?
The Certified Instructor, CI℠ program provides an opportunity for members to teach ACFEI credential programs in their specific field and area of expertise. With three levels - Instructor, Senior Instructor, and Master Instructor - becoming a CI allows you to earn income while providing an invaluable service to the field of forensics.
Why should you choose the CI program?
The CI program covers all the necessary information needed to educate students to successfully complete the required credential exams. CI's have access to a wide range of ACFEI resources and will receive the support needed to make the program successful. As a Certified Instructor, you also have the unique opportunity to make additional money training ACFEI students in your chosen field.
What kinds of programs are eligible to teach as a CI?
Any ACFEI program can be taught as a CI. Examples include:
- Certified Medical Investigator®, CMI
- Certified Forensic Nurse®, CFN
- Certified Criminal Investigator
Steps to becoming a Certified Instructor, CI℠
- Meet the eligibility requirements
These requirements must be met in order to apply for the CI program.
- Diplomate or Fellow of the American College of Forensic Examiners Institute
- At least 18 years of age
- No felony convictions
- Must hold the credential in the program intended to instruct (CMI level V, CMFSW, etc…)
- Complete the application
The application can be completed online by clicking Apply Now or you may submit it via mail, phone, fax, or email.
- Enroll in the program
Submit payment and register to receive program materials.
- Provide copies of résumé/curriculum vitae
A current résumé/curriculum vitae will be placed in your file.
- Provide copies of any degrees, licenses, certificates, and/or commissions, and two professional references
These documents will attest to your professional standing. Please include any necessary references as well.
- Review the materials once your eligibility has been confirmed.
Materials can be accessed from your online course catalog once you receive your log-in information.
- Successfully pass the CI exam.
After finishing the exam, you will receive a certificate of completion from ACFEI.